Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Painesville Holiday Open House review

Big success!! There were cars and people everywhere. Everyone behaved themselves and with a Salvation Army bell ringer working the scene and the light snow whisping about, it really felt like the holidays. The lights were all on and the area looked great. I really do love this affair and am counting the days till next year. Did not this used to be called something else in years gone by like "Men's night" or something like that? Maybe someone knows. Good Job Downtown Org. things went off well.

My favorite location...Grande Designs! The combo of the decorations, friendly owners and staff, coupled with the food and frivolity made for a wonderful time. Their attention to detail in the window design reminds me of the big cities that take time to change the window displays for the seasons. Great job guys!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

JT -
I was unable to make it due to working late. I drove through close to the end and downtown did look beautiful. I always love 'checking out' Grande Designs storefront.
DC

Anonymous said...

jt, i recall my dad talking about men's night in painesville. it was before christmas, the shopkeepers would put out food and drinks and all guys would go downtown and do their shopping. i'll tell him the tradition started again.

dave

Anonymous said...

also do you have the email address to diane's cat?

dave

Big John said...

Now that is funny Dave, no I don't have the email address but I would surely write him if I did.

Thanks for clarifying the topic of "Men's Night", I thought that I heard that and it was good to hear I was on the right track. Make sure your dad knows for sure. JT

Anonymous said...

JT. How do you know Diane's cats a him? Whats the story.
A.C.

Big John said...

Hey A.C., I guess you are right, I don't know, I assumed, you know what they say about assuming...not talking about you of course, but myself. JT

Anonymous said...

Hey JT,
How about a post for your favorite winter memory? Driving through town to see the lights, riding your sled down Telegraph hill, etc.
I personally love the snow and change of the seasons and think it would be nice to hear what people have memories of.
Thanks
DC